Our Statement of Principles
- We have a social responsibility to mobilize capital for profitable investment so as to generate the highest returns to society as a whole
- We have a moral obligation to support and encourage entrepreneurs whose creativity and dedicated management efforts will make efficient use of the country’s resources for the benefit of all citizens
- We have a global duty to express specifically in all aspects of our work the highest levels of integrity, fairness and goodwill to all human-beings and as employees we have a particular duty to help each other and to create a harmonious and rewarding work environment for our mutual benefit.
- We have a duty to our employees to help them gain satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from their work, to provide job security and fair and adequate rewards based on their performance and to recognise individual achievements
- We have a duty to foster initiative, creativity and competence in our Managers; to hold them accountable personally for attaining well-defined objectives and to expect from them a deep sense of responsibility, integrity and commitment.
- We have a duty as Bankers, to exercise due diligence in the choice of investments and in our advice to those who depend on our expertise and also to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality in dealings with our clients.
- Finally, we have a duty to our shareholders to provide them with a fair and adequate return so as to maintain and enhance the value of their capital and in so doing to provide the business community with a good example of responsible management dedicated to the application of sound principles of accounting and finance.
- To fulfill our mission we recognise that the directors, management and all staff must adhere to these seven principles in carrying out our daily tasks, in making all decisions and in all dealings with people on and off the job and that these principles must guide our recruitment and organisational development policies and plans.